Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bribes Accepted Here

A week ago, I asked one of my bosses (yes, people, I'm so darned much trouble I don't get ONE boss, I get TWO) if I could take off two hours early on Friday (this Friday). She blinked then starting to mutter about how she had been going to take a half day off. When she finished muttering, I was pretty sure she had told me to wait until next week, and she'd decide what she was going to do then. *blinks* I'll keep my reaction to myself.

Yesterday, we talked about it again. She told me she hadn't forgotten, and that she was going to try and get my other boss to come back to the office so that he could man it (and, I hope, he'd develop a new respect for the shit I put up with). As it turns out, she doesn't (or should I say, I don't) have to worry about that.

See, she bribed me.

She wants to get some specific paperwork done as of yesterday, but it'll be going through a governmental office. And we all know what that means: you might as well stick your head in a blender, turn it on, and wait until Judgement Day because that'll happen a lot more quickly.

She happens to have a friend at the particular office where the paperwork is supposed to be turned in. Her friend confessed things would happen a lot more quickly if the paperwork was turned in already type and ready to be processed (I know it sounds odd - who doesn't type their official type applications - but it's true!). So my boss came out, attacked me while I was in the middle of two other things, and said, "I will make sure - no matter WHAT is happening on Friday - that I'm back in time for you to leave if you type up this paperwork."

I blinked, looking for the catch, and then agreed.

MAWAHAHAHAHAHA!! What really assumes me the most about this whole thing? She didn't need to bribe me. I mean, typing stuff is (kind of) part of my job. At the very least, it wouldn't be the weirdest sudden addition to the job description. but I'm not complaining! Ohhh, no. I'm going to giggle all the way to Iowa.

No comments: