Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Random Thought

You know it's rush week:

- When you hear random screaming coming from the direction of the quad at all hours of the night.

- When you hear singing very early in the morning (although, now that I think about that, I believe that was actually ROTC making their way through campus).

- When your fire alarm is tripped twice in three days - both times at about 3:00 a.m.

- When a quarter of your class just isn't there and another quarter looks like zombies.


For some reason, I was thinking about my freshman year tonight. It was a culture shock for me in so many ways, but one of the things I'll never forget is rush week. As aforementioned, our fire alarm was tripped twice. Once on a Tuesday and the other time on a Thursday. *blinks* I had a 7:30 T/TH class. Standing outside - in Missouri - in the middle of the night in your pjs is not one of the great freshmen experiences to write home about.

No comments: